HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
The Cog Thread Lift works by using PDO Cog threads via a cannula (thin tube) beneath the skin and attaching them to the surrounding tissue to lift the face and tighten the skin. Placements of the desired number of threads, which may range from a single thread per side but can involve 12 threads or more to treat the whole mid-face and jowls. Various entry points are considered depending on the individual face shape and requirements.
The PDO threads can also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which are important in restoring the plumpness of the skin and stimulating wrinkle reduction.
Once the threads are situated in your face, your body will naturally create new collagen that will grow around each thread for results that will continue to improve with time. The PDO Cog Threads we use are dissolvable, and your body will start to break them down over a period of 3 – 6 months. This will not affect the result of your non-invasive, non-surgical thread facelift, as the new collagen will remain in place of the threads.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION?
A consultation is essential prior to booking, to make sure you are a suitable candidate for the Cog Thread lift. During your consultation, a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether this treatment is an appropriate treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation, the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed. If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Ensure there is no inflammation already present in the body in the days leading up to or on your treatment day.
- Get any dental work that you are unable to post-pone out of the way, you will not be able to see a dentist for approximately two weeks.
- Avoid taking any blood-thinning medications or blood-clotting medications approximately two days before your treatment day.
- Try to limit bodily and emotional stressors prior to your treatment.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the night before your treatment.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
18-24 months, results can vary for each individual based upon genetics, lifestyle choices and adherence to correct aftercare advice.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone with an autoimmune disease such as hepatitis B and C or HIV
- Anyone on anticoagulation therapy such as aspirin, warfarin or clopidogrel
- Anyone with a history of keloid scar formation
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding
- Also, tell us if you are taking any medicines including herbal as some may be contraindicated
Most people are able to continue with normal activities with immediate improvement in their appearance. Some will have some redness, pin prick marks, and some degree of swelling, possibly some puckering along the site of the suture. Possible indentations at the insertion or exit points. The immediate side effects are expected to settle within 2 weeks.
For up to a week after the procedure, it may feel tender around the sutures. If necessary, you can take some simple paracetamol to help with this although most patients do not bother with this step. You may feel the stitches and the anchoring cones beneath your skin especially when you apply your skincare products or make-up, although you should not be able to see them.
After treatment you will be advised to:
- Sleep on your back for 5 nights
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- No facials or facial massage for 10 days
- No extreme facial expressions for 2 weeks
- Application of anti-biotic cream as advised.
- To attend a review appointment as advised.
- To avoid alcohol, vigorous exercise, sunbathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post-treatment. These activities have been found to increase and prolong swelling.
- Swelling may worsen in the first 24 hours and then should settle within the first few days. Cold packs can be helpful in reducing swelling.
- Bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Tenderness should settle as swelling goes down.
Prices range from £495 – £1495
A consultation prior is essential to determine suitability.